Hotel Zagreb Porec on the outside, just like its neighboring hotel Pical Porec, is an ugly, 1960s concrete building. It is a 253-rooms, 3-star hotel, located on the outskirts of Porec old town and 100 m from the beach. The hotel is quite dated but very reasonable price and a good location. There is a wide range of family rooms. Rooms are not air-conditioned. Some feature balcony, others don’t. Hotel Zagreb Porec features outdoor swimming pool, children’s swimming pool, children’s playground and children’s mini club. The food is pretty good considering it is a standard 3-star fare, not an haute cuisine. There are show cooking stations, where food is freshly prepared in front of the guests. Free parking is provided, as well as free WiFi in the public areas.
Hotel Zagreb is best suited for families with small children.
Hotel Zagreb Porec Highlights:
- Prices: Compared with the rest of Porec hotels, hotel Zagreb Porec is reasonably priced. It offers a good value for money.
- Location: Hotel Zagreb Porec is located 10 minutes walk from the old town, and only 2 minutes walk from the beach. This is a definite advantage.
- Food: Considering it is a 3-star hotel, the food, at the hotel buffet restaurant, is pretty good. There is a good choice of meat, fish and pasta dishes. Many dishes are prepared in front of the guests.
- Freebies: Parking and wifi in the public areas are provided free of charge.
Hotel Zagreb Porec Downsides:
- Outdated: Hotel Zagreb Porec needs some serious renovation. The restaurant seem to be refurbished recently, but rooms and the rest should be updated.
- No A/C in the rooms: There is no air-conditioner in the rooms. Only public areas are air-conditioned. This is a serious issue as in Porec in summer months, temperature is around 35 C. If you sleep with open windows and balcony doors, it can be really noisy at night time.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs: There are elevators in the hotel Zagreb, but the problem is that reaching elevators requires taking a short flight of stairs. This can be a serious issue with elderly and disabled.